Presentation at MoMA.
Exhibit and drawing acquired by The Museum of Modern Art
"Compass in Hand: The Judith Rothschild Contemporary Drawing Collection,"
Museum of Modern Art, April 22, 2009 thru Jan 4, 2010.
Gerry's plant photo-drawing, Drawing Spiral, 19"x 24" purchase and gift of The Eileen
and Michael Cohen to The Judith Rothschild Collection in Museum of Modern Art.
Public slide lecture @ The Museum of Modern Art
Gerry Hayes was one of 5 artists on May 14, 2009, whose work in The Judith
Rothschild Collection discussed 20 slides of their work in the format of Pecha Kucha,
an informal Japanese lecture style. Open to the public.
(The Celeste Bartos Theater, 4 West 54th Street.)
Painting titled, "Ubi" 2006, 15"x 15", acrylic on wood was purchased from his exhibit at Denise Bibro's Platform Gallery for the Alliance Bernstein Art Collection, April 2008.
Professor Emeritus status awarded to Professor Hayes by Pratt Institute for distinguished service in the Fine Arts Department of the School of Art and Design, June 2010.
A biographical article on the work of Gerald Hayes was prepared by art historian,
Dr. Helmut Kronthaler for a German art encyclopedia, "Allgemeines Kunstlerlexikon",
published by DeGruytr Verlag in Berlin and Leipzig.
"No Color in Your Cheeks Unless the Wind Lashes Your Face", curated by
French art critic, Timothee Chaillou. Paris, November 2 - 30, 2011.
Work on Site
Drawings @ Mitchell Algus Gallery, New York City.
Silk Screen Prints @ Bob Blanton's Brand X Editions, Long Island City, N.Y.
- 5 x 20 x 20. Slide Lecture @ The Museum of Modern Art, NYC . May 18, 2009.
- Compass in Hand: Selections from The Judith Rothschild Foundation Contemporary Drawings Collection.
The Museum of Modern Art, NYC. April 22, 2009–January 4, 2010
- Work by Gerry Hayes & Scott Malbaurn. Platform project space at Denise Bibro Fine Art. March 6 - April 5, 2008
- Winter Salon. Denise Bibro Fine Art. January 3 - February 2, 2008
- Breaking the White Light, curated by Scott Malbaurn. Platform project space at Denise Bibro Fine Art. September 6 - October 6, 2007
- Naves, Mario. The New York Observer, "Pennsylvania Cubist." April 2008.
- Ostrow, Saul. Tema Celeste Contemporary Art Review, "Gerald Hayes." March/April 1991. (pdf, 995kb)
- Freed, Arthur. Art On Line, July 2006. (pdf, 29kb)
- Naves, Mario. Drawings After the Arcade 1991-1996. Southern Cross University, Australia. (pdf, 647kb)
- Maschek, Joseph. Material Images: exhibition of paintings. Calkins Gallery, Hofstra University, 1990. (pdf, 1.2mb)
- Morgan, Robert. Pragmatic Formalism: exhibition of paintings. Stockton State University, New Jersey, 1990. (pdf, 1mb)